Title: EPIC Clarity Data Analyst
Location: 747 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94609
Duration: Long Term (On-Going) (20-25 Hours a week)
JOB DESCRIPTION / SUMMARY:
The Data Analyst position assists with the management of data within the Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC. Under the supervision of the Department Director and according to established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, the position is accountable for aspects of data management, including: documentation and tracking of data, graphical display, reporting, and integrity of data and reports.
· Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of data in order to produce business intelligence reports, performance charts, graphs and other reports, and develop and present healthcare data analytical solutions.
· Extract, update, and interpret medical data from a variety of databases/sources and transform it into intelligent, actionable reports.
· Analyzes and reports data related to various operational metrics in order to make recommendations for operational process improvements to senior management and other department heads.
· Assist in contract rate modeling by comparatively analyzing volume, case mix, industry benchmarks, ROI and optimizations.
· Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations. Perform data queries and informational updates.
· Report development by merging data and other data mining tools, on a routine or ad-hoc basis, using Crystal reporting and working with EPIC
· Monitor and develop dashboards to support monitoring of performance in key business areas including clinical, care coordination, payer contracting, and claims data.
· Develop and maintain key financial and operational reporting metrics
Communications: Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers/stakeholders supporting ability to effectively relate, inform, instruct and facilitate the understanding and use of generated data. Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve goals.
Decision-Making: Strong ability to work independently. Must be able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and be organized.
Problem-Solving: Strong experience in utilizing database tools for analytical, building and maintaining metrics/data models, utilization decision support tools in healthcare environment (FQHC preferred). Creating reporting metrics, developing and publishing dashboards, scorecards and reports must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Financial Responsibilities: Develop and maintain key financial and operational reporting metrics
· Minimum 1-2 years experience in healthcare data management and/or, preferably in an FQHC setting.
· Bachelor degree in quantitative/analytically challenging field (Finance, statistics, etc)
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Access preferred.
· Experience in data analysis and decision support including proficiency with analytical software.
· Requires knowledge of basic analytical principles and concepts. Knowledge of statistical analysis, data display and benchmarking preferred
· Professional demeanor, highly flexible, able to manage multiple and changing priorities, and meet aggressive project deadlines.
· Ability to work with members of multiple disciplines to identify sources of data, collection methodologies and improvement opportunities
· Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
APN Software Service INC