Title: Design Engineer III
Location: Billerica, MA
Duration: 6 Months
• Looking for an experienced Industrial Design Engineer/Mechanical Design Engineer for 6-12 months to fill in for the Senior-level Design Engineer as he takes on a side project. There is one other Junior level Mechanical Engineer on the team who will continue to drive NPI tasks – this contractor will be asked to support the ME as well as the Engineering Manager on other sustaining tasks such as implementing changes to existing product designs.
• Looking for someone with 10 years of experience as a mechanical designer/manufacturing engineer with industrial product design expertise.
• Should be familiar with SAP ECTR and CAD packages (specifically SolidWorks) to support ongoing design tasks.
• Core Skills: ECTR, SolidWorks, Model based definition and model based engineering, prototyping, rapid fabrication.
The Design Engineer I is responsible for electrical/mechanical high-level concept design, translation of requirements to design requirements, development and test, manufacturability and serviceability. Duties include (but are not limited to):
Identifies functional requirements and use-cases for new features and projects, including integration features with other products. Seeks to understand customer needs for workflows and module level problems.
Contributes to Project charter, risk management plans, iterative development plan, and design review results for Projects Acts as project leader for New Features/modules level, with assistance for Projects that may be cross product and/or cross department.
Translates the functional requirements into designs that support the user's needs. (This includes taking into account user's capabilities, limitations, and tasks he/she needs to perform.)
Design is created under the limitations and understanding of, the technical architecture and tools available, design standards, and information display principles. Writes requirements/use cases and specifications for new features/modules that comply with industry and H&LP design standards. Conducts functional design reviews. Drives usability testing cycles
1. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
2. 10 years relevant work experience
3. Experience (work or educational background) in machine design
4. Experience with 2D/3D mechanical computer aided design
5. Basic understanding of materials, properties, and manufacturing processes
6. Demonstrated aptitude for design through use of hand tools