Title: IT Software Release Advisor
Duration: 3-6 months contract to hire
Location: Memphis, TN 38120
Hours: 7.5 hours per day & 5 days a week role
· 8 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (REQUIRED)
· 3 years of program development experience (REQUIRED)
· Configuration management tools, such as Subversion or CVS (REQUIRED)
· Ant/make build scripts (REQUIRED)
· UNIX or LINUX administration (REQUIRED)
· VMware (REQUIRED)
IT Software Release Advisor
To provide software configuration management (SCM) support at the program level; to manage parallel software development and release cycles and provide SCM for large distributed development network with remote partners; to work with other teams to resolve operational matters
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establishes, maintains and enhances the configuration management environment to enable parallel software development for multiple teams.
· Provides up-to-the-minute status information by closely monitoring and becoming intimately familiar with designated application lines through source code control.
· Coordinates and performs application releases into production; prepares process and standards documentation.
· Ensures and enforces segregation of duties within the change life-cycle.
· Works closely with development team and quality assurance (QA) to ensure that correct versions of the source code base have been compiled correctly into the appropriate testing environment; develops relationship and works closely with the infrastructure team to coordinate networking changes, port opening requires and all other internal modifications that are needed for various environments; and works with multiple teams to solve problems and issues as required.
· Maintains the organization’s virtual server farm for QA groups.
· Monitors and ensures the safety of source code-based and virtual machine backups on a regular basis.
· Assists in professional growth of other analysts/programmers with special emphasis on software configuration management-based protocols.
· Keeps abreast of technology changes and direction.
· Acts independently to determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments; follows, enhances and promotes established methodologies and procedures.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as applicable to design and development.
· Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to clients.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing:
Bachelor's degree required. Major in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering preferred.
Eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include three (3) years of program development and two (2) years specialized experience with emphasis in SCM and release management. Proven experience in understanding and driving the software development process required.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Knowledge of software configuration management (SCM) tools (i.e. Subversion and CVS), ant/make build scripts, and build management tools (i.e. Cruise Control CC.Net)
· Knowledge of administration of UNIX or LINUX operating systems
· Knowledge of development and scripting (i.e. .Net, Perl, shell scripting) and Makefiles
· Knowledge of VMWare
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Highly self-motivated
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Ability to work independently and/or in a dynamic team environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that they are completed according to schedule
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies