Title: HR Administrative Assistant
Location: Oakland, CA 94609
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension or hire
Hours: 8 Hours 5 days/week
Pay : $20 -$25 per hour
Provides administrative support to the Human Resources unit personnel matters. Reports to the VP of HR.
Reports to the Vice President, Human Resources and provides comprehensive secretarial administrative support for the department.
· Maintain complex calendar that has shifting priorities on a daily basis for VP and schedule meetings in a timely, efficient and professional manner; make room/calendar arrangements and contact and confirm participants. This includes meetings with inside and outside sources, and may include working with executive assistants schedulers to coordinate.
· Provide clerical support to the HR Management team.
· Create charts, graphs and other visual aids for use in presentations, negotiations and other purposes.
· Processes monthly invoices, reconciles department/travel expenses and maintains expense database.
· Promptly submits invoices/receipts/expenses to Accounts Payable in a timely manner.
· Compose, prepare, and type routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, memoranda and related material in support of departmental staff.
· Maintain an accurate and complete filing system of all pertinent records, correspondence, papers and logs for all work performed by the VP.
· Receive, handle, filter and transfer phone calls and messages promptly and courteously. Discreetly provide routine and non-routine information to inquiries regarding project related topics.
· Coordinate meetings and presentations, composes and distributes agendas and minutes of meetings, sets up and reserves facilities, notifies attendees, etc.
· Compile and enter data manually for reports and projects.
· Process and maintain confidential information, such as personnel files.
· Understand, support, promote and adhere to the Hospital’s customer services philosophy and standards.
· Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to hospital business and ongoing concerns of the VP.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Maintain supplies, order supplies as necessary.
· Organize department events.
· Provide backup coverage and support when needed.
· Ability to establish good working relationships both internally and across departments.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
DECISION – MAKING REQUIRED:
This role follows established guidelines and procedures.
· Notifies manager of problems in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Flexibility with priorities shifting in the VP’s complex schedule
· Ability to create, compose and edit correspondence and reports.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
· Ability to work with all levels of staff within the hospital.
· Ability to work harmoniously within a culturally diverse community.
· Excellent and accurate secretarial skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Novell GroupWise.
· High School, GED or equivalent required. AA degree preferred.
· A minimum of three years of progressively responsible administrative assistance or secretarial experience. Complex calendaring experience preferred.
Maintain complex calendar for VP: (50%)
Ability to have a daily/weekly/monthly understanding of VP’s priorities and who to rearrange depending on those moving priorities. Communicate effectively if any questions or confusion arise. Retain information about the calendar and shifting priorities. Ability to create and maintain excellent communicative relations with the other schedulers in the Hospital and outside entities. Maintain 1:1 meetings with Managers until Director comes on board. Schedule HR Department meetings and webinars. Printing and keep VP on schedule for meetings for the day. Picking up lunch for the VP as needed.
Office maintenance: (10%)
Daily check on the supply room to be sure equipment and supplies are in a neat and orderly fashion.
Monthly order for the office to be sure paper/files/essential material is available. Ability to stay within the FY budget.
In charge of the water supply, soap refill and assurance of refrigerator’s cleanliness.
Receive, print and code invoices for VP to sign. Scan, e-file on shared drive and send original with signature to Accounts Payable (AP) in a timely manner. Input invoice info. on separate sheet for budget tracking and organization. Ability to communicate effectively when dealing with outside vendors and the AP department. Follow-up when outside vendors ask for a review of missing payment.
Process VP’s credit card expenses. Collect receipts, complete expense report, have VP sign, SVP sign, scan and send to AP department, file for records.
Department coordinator: (10%)
Monthly review and planning of upcoming birthday/anniversary dates. If ee likes the attention, send around a card for everyone to sign, work with manager to arrange celebration.
Schedule Monthly HR Departmental meetings (work with vp for agenda and take minutes)
Schedule bi-monthly HR Department Working Meetings to work on Gallup Goals:
I know what is expected of me at work:
Name 5 expectations that you feel are appropriate for our organization to have for your position and the outcomes of your work
- Have you talked to your peers in the past 6 months about what they expect of you? What did you learn?
-What do you expect from people on your team or employees from the Hospital?
-Do you think they are aware of these expectations? How do you communicate your expectations to them?
-What are the best ways to communicate what is expected of you?
-What does excellence look like in your role?
In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work
Schedule webinars VP recommends
Submit work orders to Engineering, EVS, Security—the point of contact for outside depts.
Coordinate departmental fun events—tea party, end of year potluck, etc.
Departmental clerical support: (10%)
Create charts, graphs, large mailings, data entry as directed by VP
Maintain an accurate and complete filing system of all pertinent records, correspondence, papers and logs for all work performed by the VP.
Process and maintain all confidential personnel files
Provide clerical support to all HR Managers—as assigned by the VP or HR Project Coord.
Receive and filter phone calls promptly and courteously, discreetly providing routine and non-routine information to inquiries
Other duties as assigned: (10%)
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-870-1686 | Fax 510-623-5055 | email@example.com
“Ranked Top Work Places 2016” (Ranked Top Work Places 5 years in a row)
“Certified Small and Minority Business”
“Ranked Top 50 Organizations for Diversity”
“Ranked Top 2012 Diversity Business”
Networks | Healthcare IT | Wireless | Telecommunications | ERP & CRM | E Commerce | Web 2.0