Title: Professional Services Coder
Location: San Diego, CA 92123
Duration: 3 to 4 months contract
Schedule: Mon to Fri 8:00 am to 05:00 pm
· Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Professional Billing & Coding, this position operates from within the Revenue Cycle Center to facilitate physician coding.
· Using facility EMR system, performs abstract coding from patient medical records. Responsible for monitoring, tracking & reporting error & denial trends to RCC Leadership.
· Recommend coding changes based on audit & research. Serves as a resource to department staff when coding questions arise.
· Must be knowledgeable in ICD, CPT & HCPCS coding.
· Must understand & apply all regulations/laws/and
· standards applicable to coding to ensure appropriate & compliant billing.
· 2 Years of Experience (Minimum)
· 3 Years of Experience (Preferred)
· Needs to be CPC certified.
· Experience with Emergency Department and Pediatrics coding preferred but not required
· Associate's Degree (Preferred)
· H.S. Diploma, GED or Equivalent (Minimum)
Licenses and Certifications:
· Certified Professional Coder (Minimum)
(Minimum) Knowledge of coding methodology, abstract coding from medical/chart notes and operative reports.
(Preferred) Experience with Epic EMR System