Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 12 Months
Primary responsibility will be to apply measurement science, mathematics, and physics to develop methods, procedures, and tooling to make high precision measurements on very small parts 10 of microns.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with R&D during development to influence part drawings to permit efficient and effective incoming inspection methodology.
• Identifying and designing inspection fixturing to facilitate the appropriate measurements that assure required part performance/characteristics.
• Working with Quality Receiving Inspection to identify tools, instruments, procedures, staff qualifications and training needed to achieve desired level of part inspection
• Teaming with suppliers to establish effective pass/fail criteria for high volume, high precision, small parts. Translate/transfer supplier measurement methods to inspection capability as required.
• Advise on in-process measurement technique such as coating thickness
• Generation of Working Instruction related to best practices for engineering drawings and pragmatic use of GD&T
• Working knowledge of GD&T
• Knowledge of and experience with small part inspection methods
• Strong communication skills coupled with ability to work across functions to communicate inspection related design intent.
• 10-15 years direct experience in metrology with 5+ years in fixture design and/or measurement methods for small part inspection.