Location: Broomfield CO
Duration: 12 Months
The Order to Cash (O2C) Business Analyst position calls for a self-possessed individual contributor to coordinate testing, implement system enhancement requests, provide production support and lead large-scale project initiatives as part of a team that supports Oracle Finance business units.
As a member of the O2C team, this individual will act as liaison between Finance Business groups and IT to provide efficient operational execution and deliver relevant, reliable and timely information in a cost- effective way, while acting as a fiduciary to manage risk to the enterprise. Responsibilities include proactively identifying and managing resolution of production issues, leading O2C teams on cross-functional projects involving large UATs, and managing testing activities through development of project plans that specify requirements, timelines, test plans, implementation, and post Go-Live activities. As a member of the Global Process Organization, this individual is also responsible for development, documentation, and enforcement of O2C policies and procedures.
Key functions involve: identifying/ documenting business requirements, delivering impact assessments, risk mitigation, development of project plans with timeline and milestones/deliverables to ensure projects are managed to completion within targeted deadlines. Facilitate cross-functional team meetings and conference calls. Effectively communicate status updates, recommendations and escalations to management. Prepare and deliver quality presentations.
Performs work independently without direct oversight. Collaborate with management, team members and business partners. Assigned ad-hoc projects as required. It is critical to this position that the Business Analyst remain composed in a dynamic and frequently changing work environment.
Major responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Kick-Off and Status meetings
• Development of Project Plans
• Project tracking and reporting
• Project Status reporting
• Risk Assessment and Risk Mitigation
• End-to-end system testing coordination
• Completion of projects against defined milestones and timelines
• Process Documentation
• Improved process efficiency initiatives
• Implementation of system enhancements
• Impact Assessments and ROI
• O2C testing coordination for: production fixes, system enhancements, and large project initiatives
• Management of O2C testing involving end-to-end testing involving large UATs
• Participation in Solution Reviews to ensure compliance with requirements and issue resolution
• Decomposition of documents to create test cases and scenarios for complex integrations
• Management of production issues to minimize customer and financial impacts and facilitate timely resolution between the business and IT teams
• Prioritization of production issues based on assessment of customer and business impacts
• Issue tracking, reporting and monitoring
• Identification and documentation of process/system gaps presented in production tickets
• Engagement with management, partners and IT to effectively communicate status of issues, action items, and facilitate escalations
• Facilitation of root cause analysis, evaluation of solution alternatives, and recommendations of solutions
• Participate in Pre-Planning meetings to determine requirements for projects such as new ledger initiatives
• Research existing system setups/processes
• Analyze previous projects to determine impacts/risks for projects in progress
• Enter project requests and requirements in tracking system
• Development of Project Plans that documents requirements, timelines, test plans, implementation, and post Go-Live activities
• Creation/maintenance of standard templates, documentation and tools for all testing processes
• Development of project-specific documentation (test plans, expected results, status reports)
• Development and revision of desk manuals documenting global O2C processes and procedures
• Previous accounting experience, preferably experience/knowledge of Oracle Finance applications.
• Experience managing software testing.
• Personal accountability. Individual should be able to work independently. After on-boarding, the individual should require management direction primarily for new tasks or complex situations.
Successful candidate will have 5 years of accounting experience involving cross-functional departments, preferably in the Finance and Administration area. Candidate will be flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment. The individual needs to be self-directed only requiring management direction for new tasks or complex situations. Able to grasp complex concepts quickly. Ability to communicate complex business concepts clearly and concisely. Experience with Cloud and Acquisition system implementations.
Other major qualifications are as follows:
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work with a fluid, solution-as-you-go project team
• Strong planning, organization and task management skills
• Self-motivated, self-directed and independent in a team environment
• Skilled in proactive and reactive responsiveness to identify and manage issues/concerns
• Demonstrated skill working with cross-functional and technical teams
• Effective in building relationships with technical and business partners
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills including presentations
• Attention to detail, ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Ability to create policy and procedure documentation
• Firm grasp of Oracle Financials - Accounts Receivables, Advanced Collections, iReceivables and Credit Management modules.
• Familiar with Oracle e-Business Suite – Order Management, Service Contracts, Project Accounting
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong MS Office skills
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related preferred