Job Title: Application Systems Analyst/Programmer / Specialist
Client: State of Indiana
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Location: Indianapolis IN 46204
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Individual selected should be capable of acting in a Team Lead role overseeing Developers supporting a complex legacy application (VB.Net web forms). While maintaining the Legacy environment the position will also work with the business unit and the outside vendors to transition the business unit to a new system that will be maintained and supported by the team. In addition to leading the team the individual selected should be able to gather business requirements while acting in the role of a Business Analyst/Project Manager in order to architect systems.
This position will provide senior/specialist level analysis, application development and systems support for the Office of Technology and Compliance within the Indiana State Department of Health. The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality with the ability to communicate and engage all levels of the business unit, as well as, proven expertise in development of web applications utilizing the latest technologies. Incumbent will lead a team in the support of a Legacy application, while working with the business users to gather requirements for both current (legacy) and long term requirements (new applications) requiring a high degree of technical expertise and knowledge. Incumbent should be a full stack developer and must have knowledge of database design, SDLC and nTier programming architecture. Individual selected is expected to submit ongoing technical recommendations to streamline and improve current business processes. Incumbent will spend a significant amount of their time with clients providing technical leadership to ensure that business requirements are being met in a timely manner. Candidate should be self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision, while participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Professional work experience in an Information Technology environment with (10+) full years of application /design experience.
• A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Business Information systems, or a related field;
• Ability to identify requirements by establishing a rapport with system users or other persons in a position to understand the requirements.
• Advanced knowledge of the information systems development life cycle, information technology, project tools and approaches to data retrieval and routing.
• Thorough understanding of the end-to-end software development process
• Thorough understanding of general best practices for testing developed applications
• Thorough understanding of enterprise security practices.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with multiple and fluid demands.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with internal and external customers, and vendors.
• Ability to prioritize projects and address immediate technical needs as they arise.
• Ability to develop and manage both large and small scale projects.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
• At least 2+ years of experience as a team lead
• Extensive experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, architecture, code development, testing, implementing and maintenance.
• Expert in developing and maintaining applications and databases by evaluating user needs, analyzing requirements, and developing software solutions.
• Expert in creating SQL Queries, PL/SQL package, function, stored procedure, triggers, and cursors.
• Expert in troubleshooting the issues in production. Expert in handling bugs and data fixes.
• Proficient in creating database objects like tables, views, sequences, synonyms, indexes using Oracle tools like SQL*Plus , SQL Developer and Toad.
• Proficient in Oracle Databases 11g & 12c environment and/or SQL server 2012 (or later versions)
• Proficient in HTML, CSS, Responsive Web design
• Full Stack Developer
APN Software Service INC