This is NOT a test or automation position.
It is a Test developer position.
We are looking for a solid Java developer with Scripting experience and experience working with continuous Integration.
Must have experience developing and testing Web based applications and strong SOAP UI is a must
Duration: 12 months
Location: San Jose
We are a small team, and we need people who are flexible/versatile:
- (internal) customer support
- support tickets triage and assignment
- troubleshooting, bug fixing, new feature development
- developing and installing automated test scripts
- builds, release deployment
- documenting features/functionality
- performance testing, analysis, tuning, optimization
· Support, enhance, test and evolve an existing home-grown Java-based Web application that supports third party software compliance
The successful candidate will perform some or many of the following activities:
· Support/train internal users on the use of the application
· Triage and assign incoming support tickets
· Resolve tickets as assigned
· Fix and test defects as assigned
· Develop automated test scripts for existing and new features
· Develop new features and functionality and document their use
· Devise and implement performance/load testing strategies for the system
· Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies: build, test, deployment
SKILLS SOUGHT (*=mandatory)
· 2-5 years experience supporting, developing or testing web based applications
· * Excellent communication skills
· Experience with Unix/Linux systems
· Experience with Oracle/SQL database
· * Strong coding/scripting/automating skills using any of the following languages: Java, Python, Shell etc.
· Hands-on experience with SoapUI automation
· * Hands-on experience with web services test automation
· Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Git, systems monitoring and alerting with available tools.
· * Adept at troubleshooting and administering Unix systems, dealing with networking issues, fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
· * Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent