The Overheads Analyst is responsible for ensuring proper tracking, accounting, administration, controls and reporting of Sales Overheads. This includes the tracking of annual budgets and year-end estimates, preparation and distribution of period reporting, and maintenance of required accruals. In addition, the position will assist with governance activities to apply fundamentals of internal controls within the trade control environment through sample testing in accordance with defined methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform Period Close and overhead account analyses at the end of each period specific to the Sales function.
• Report on variances on sales overhead costs utilizing SAP general ledger data.
• Provide total Sales function forecasting to Controllers team as part of its team’s total consolidated overhead responsibilities.
• Prepare, review, and distribute periodic functional/channel reporting to cost center owners and senior management.
• Prepare and record journal entries for appropriate expense recognition through reclassification, accrual, or deferral.
• Prepare and record journal entries to charge shared costs to other Units as indicated in Service Level Agreements (SLAs), as well as review charges from other Units to ensure compliance with SLA terms.
• Account for and manage sales cost center and organizational hierarchy changes.
• Extract vendor invoice and payment detail to support variance analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• One year of work experience in a finance area with emphasis in accounting.
• Understanding of general accounting concepts; knowledge of debits/credits, assets/liabilities, balance sheet and P&L.
• Proactive, high energy, detail oriented, results oriented, and willing to drive change.
• Capable of demonstrating solid analytical thinking.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience in SAP and BPC or similar accounting, planning and reporting software.
• Experience in functional finance teams or supporting operations with proven track record of increased business support and P&L accountability.