SQL Developer /SSIS
8 months extendable contract
Seeking candidates with at 8-10 years’ experience and strong in the development of SSIS Packages
Candidates must be available to interview in person within 24 - 48 hours of the request, there can be no exceptions
1. Position Summary:
This job is responsible for providing data analysis and data sourcing design and implementation of data sourcing/integration into the reporting databases from various data sources.
This job will primarily focus on developing interfaces to collect data from various internal systems that will include master data and transactional data, design & develop reliable/accurate/robust processes to share/exchange data with external vendor solutions.
The role includes:
• Ensuring data integration/ETL is implemented & monitored successfully, to enable data quality, availability, data freshness and performance requirements to support reporting
• Monitoring daily/other database jobs and data loads and proactive resolution of issues to ensure maximum uptime/availability of database for reporting
• Support in designing & developing the databases and data sourcing/ETL requirements for efficient use in reporting and BI
This may involve working with client's internal business process owners, business SME's (i.e. subject matter experts) and IT teams to manage data loads or other database activities, analysis of the reporting/ business intelligence tools to ensure optimal use of database and external vendors/solution providers for integration of data to and from client systems .
This position requires little supervision and participates in team strategizing, and vision execution/ implementation of the reporting & BI strategies supporting from a database stand point, collaborates with other team members/BAs in supporting shared/common reporting needs and projects.
2. Key Responsibilities/Duties:
ETL Design & Implementation –80% of time includes the following activities:
• Implement, maintain and enhance ETL solution fulfilling data quality, availability, data freshness and performance requirements, working with the business analysts to understand the business requirements to be fulfilled by the data, assessing requirements for completeness and accuracy.
• Develop methods for integrating different data sources so they work properly together, such as customizing standard source system/product databases to fit specific needs. Analyze and interpret all complex data on target system and analyze and provide resolutions to all data issues and coordinate with analysts to validate all requirements.
• Design & develop reliable, accurate and robust processes to share/exchange data with external vendor solutions on a near real time and/or batch basis. Ensure all data is transferred and imported successfully into the vendor solution and outputs imported successfully and completely into relevant client systems.
• Perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications. Perform root cause analysis on all processes and resolve all production issues and validate all data and perform routine tests on databases and provide support to all ETL applications.
• Monitor all business requirements and validate all designs and schedule all ETL processes and prepare documents for all data flow diagrams, technical and system specifications documents for all ETL processes.
Support Database Design, Management– 20% of time includes the following activities:
• Support design & development of dimensional and normalized data models describing data elements and how they are used, following standard data modeling practices for a Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence platform. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database creating a data dictionary.
• Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency, monitor systems and platforms for availability, Monitor database jobs for timely and accurate completion, and monitor capacity and performance of database and jobs for effective uptime and response time to the consumers of the data.
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time required to accomplish project.