Duration: 2 months
Location: Oakland, CA 94618
The purpose of this position is to provide secretarial and clerical support to a department. This position functions independently in carrying out standard and complex office procedures and relating to other physician offices, providers, and families. Act as primary contact between hospital personnel, employees, vendors, managers and administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answers phones/triages calls
· Books appointments, gathers accurate patient demographic information
· Answers referral calls
· Charge ticket made up
· Obtains/confirms insurance authorizations for appointments
· Collects and posts co-payments
· Completes appointment follow up per clinician instructions may be
Ø upon exit
Ø phone follow up
· Handles Charges by:
Ø Enter Data into Charge Master
Ø Processing change documents
· Obtain file notes from clinicians and file as appropriate
· Distributes post visit copy of Chart Notes to Primary Care physician/medical home
· Completes administration of follow up procedures (e.g. MRI, referrals). May include authorization
· Identify and enter accurate ICD-9 coding for billing; perform chart entry and inputs information into Problem List; communicate all pertinent information including findings, problems, concerns or ideas to physician in a timely manner, perform clinical procedures under the supervision of a physician such as aerosol treatments and pulmonary function tests, including follow volume loop and peak flow testing
· Sort Mail
· Sort Faxes
· Check RMO system and sort/triage
· Prep Charts re: RMO
· Supports clinical staff as a resource and in basic problem solving related to administrative needs
· Arranges for Interpretor Services per Policy
· Enter Medical Reconciliation in Meditech
· Enter diagnosis in Meditech
· Verifies Eligibility - If patients no longer eligible, contact family
· Other duties as reasonably required
Strong oral and written communications skills necessary to deal effectively, courteously and successfully with management, physicians, staff, patients, community and vendors.
Able to respond to changes and identify collations for work responsibilities. Able to work independently, problem solve and handle multiple problems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Able to promote a constructive and positive atmosphere within the work area by demonstrating the ability to cooperate with and assist physicians and other staff.
· Able to remain flexible in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts; the ability to be a team player.
· The ability to use appropriate organizational skills in setting priorities for work.
· Personal computer knowledge and skill preferably with Microsoft Office. Excel skills required
· Minimum typing speed of 55 wpm
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent