Position Title: Project Manager, Senior
# of Positions: 1
Detailed Reason for Opening: Temp to Hire
Overview: Project Managers own project launch, planning, control, and delivery against timeline and budget metrics for assignments within their area of responsibility.
- Effectively manages projects of moderate to significant scope leading the project team to execute against timeline and budget metrics. Creates a clear project Scope statement and builds a supporting plan which effectively factors in resource availability, task durations and dependencies, budgets and costs. Includes simple Risk Management plans.
- Checks progress regularly against the plan and makes adjustments to optimize execution. Documents progress against the project plan throughout the project. Formulates status reports and presents to the team and immediate manager. Status reports are expected to be concise summaries, tailored to the audience - from Directors down to individual contributors. Personally knowledgeable on most aspects of the program, down to a reasonable level of detail.
- Has the ability to see cross-functional impacts of decisions and project plans and execution. Balances scope, schedule and budget considerations to adjust the project with minimal impact to the business.
- Independently engages additional resources as needed to address obstacles or delays. Adjusts the plan per management guidelines as delays or obstacles are experienced.
- May lead multiple limited to moderate scope projects simultaneously, or manage part of a larger program under the supervision of management. May manage simpler, multi-team projects with similar resources and budgets.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of PMI PMBOK and basic Project Management techniques and approaches including familiarity with vocabulary and can determine the level of Project Management process to apply in most projects. Fairly adept at using project management tools in applications including scheduling and staffing plans. Some knowledge of advanced Project Management techniques
- Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Work Experience (years):
- Minimum of 5 years
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills, WiFi, IP Addressing, RFID, Barcode Scanning, printing and labeling highly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced communication and facilitation skills. Formal training preferred
- Intermediate to advanced presentation skills. Demonstrated comfort in presenting to mid to senior level cross functional audiences.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of advanced concepts with project management approaches, tools and methodologies. PMP certification preferred
- Advanced skills in PC based documentation tools including MS Office and MS Project – especially Excel
- Intermediate to advanced skills in delegation and follow up
- Demonstrated working knowledge / experience of technical business unit assigned to (Engineering, Supply Chain, etc)