• Assist in the responsible design, development, and deployment of NBS(new business solutions) products.
• This includes using agile principles to implement a solution, including tests, and assisting with the deployment of new releases.
• Must be accountable and responsible for working on business critical products that operate 24/7/365 and are distributed nationwide to many clients.
• Provide 3rd level support.
• The ability to work in a team environment.
• Attention to detail and quality required.
• Issue logging, tracking, analysis, reporting and management.
• Release control and coordination for multiple products.
New business solution’s team focuses on one goal, providing tools to help homecare providers do a better job of following up with their patients on a more timely, proactive and cost effective basis.
The team’s R&D department deploys Agile Development principles to provide innovative solutions. As one of the first companies in Pittsburgh to use Ruby and Rails in a production environment, it encourages developers to leave their comfort zone, touch all aspects of the application suite, and come up with creative solutions.
Philips Healthcare simplifies healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle–patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
We are looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in technology field required.
• Experience with DevOps in a clustered web application environment
• Experience with Apache and Phusion Passenger
• Experience in an AWS virtual environment
• Practical experience with REHL or CentOS
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with load balancing web applications
• Experience in Ruby on Rails
• Thorough knowledge of clustered Web-based Systems
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
• Knowledge of relational databases
• Knowledge of MySQL tuning
• Knowledge in Java a plus.
• Knowledge in Clojure a plus.
• Knowledge in JRuby a plus.
• Willingness to learn.
• Business Experience & Specialized Knowledge/Skills.
• Demonstrated self-starter, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving skills.