We have Job Opportunity for Help Desk Tech at CHARLESTON WV with direct client
Duration: 3-6 months. Contract only
· Responsible for supporting all end user hardware and software issues including computer and phone issues. Responsible for solution of problems escalated from the first level support. Also responsible for managing and operating call center telephony platforms and their associated subsystems.
· Provide system-level support of multi-user telephony and computer (operating) systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems.
· Other duties include the tracking of problems until a solution is identified and implemented to the customer's satisfaction. Problems could include hardware issues, software issues, virus remediation, fault isolation on PCs, LAN equipment, VoIP phones, printers, communications devices and other peripherals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE -
· Required Associate’s degree in Information Technology and minimum of 4 years’ experience.
· Candidate may also have an equivalent combination of education and experience in a multi-vendor desktop and laptop environment.
· A+ certification
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
· Requires excellent customer service and organizational skills to support executives, department heads, supervisors, administrative personnel, engineers and staff.
· Moderate understanding of desktop software/hardware including printer hardware, and the subsequent implementation, support, and repair of all.
· Moderate understanding of desktop Operating Systems from Microsoft.
· Moderate understand of Operating systems and hardware from Apple.
· Basic understanding of Linux based desktop Operating Systems.
· Moderate understanding of desktop imaging technologies such as MDT, SCCM, etc.
· Moderate understanding of networking protocols, topology, and troubleshooting.
· Moderate understanding of technology such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, and ActiveSync.
· Moderate understanding of modern mobile technologies and their implementation in a corporate environment.
· Experience in video conference technology and support.
· Hands-on experience with Avaya and VoIP related equipment.
· Experience with data, voice and/or VoIP technologies.
· Coordinate equipment pickups for recycling.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
· A+ Certification Network+ Certification
· Microsoft certifications such as MCITP, MTA, and MCSE/MCSA.
· Avaya certifications are a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the day to day administration and support of the company’s laptop and desktop personal computers and peripherals.
· Tier 1 support for Corporate Call Center Avaya and VoIP related issues
· Has the ability to support executives and senior leadership and can act as a guide to junior members of the team.
· Monitor trouble tickets and prioritize problems based on business impact.
· Participation in troubleshooting, isolation, resolution and problem escalations as needed.
· Fulfillment of hardware, new hire and move requests.
· Provide support for VMware and other desktop applications.
· Maintain physical inventory of hardware and software.
· Purchase minor accessories and hardware in order to maintain existing hardware or as business needs arise
· Follow and maintain corporate and department standards and polices.
· Maintains and gains knowledge and competency in related Microsoft technologies.
· Special projects from management will be assigned out and individual tasks will be assigned and worked to resolution.
· Other duties may be assigned.
If you have the above qualification and interested to apply please reply with your updated resume, contact no. and expected pay rate and I will contact you to discuss further.