Job Title – Software V&V Engineer
Job Location – Monroeville PA
Length – Contract (6-12 Months+)
Conduct Design V&V activities as an active member of project teams designing and developing medical devices and software. Software applications are developed for the Web, Client Server, Android and IOS platforms.
OUTCOMES: The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing and verifying product requirements and designs, and testing the products at various levels to ensure that the products meet the requirements and intended use.
• Analyzing product and sub-system requirements.
• Analyzing and verifying medical device designs.
• Writing detailed test procedures that evaluate medical devices and systems against documented software requirements.
• Executing test procedures on a Web, Client Server or Mobile phone platform.
• Maintaining and controlling test execution records using good lab practices.
• Technical writing, including development of test reports.
BEHAVIORS: The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team, solve problems, meet commitments, and ensure quality.
• Works with system level, multi-disciplined engineering projects.
• Requires limited direction
• Makes risk-based decisions, balancing business and compliance issues.
• Plans and manages assignments of significant scope; may direct other engineers.
• Communicates at all levels of the organziation.
GROWTH: The successful candidate will develop relationships with teams and may take on leadership roles to plan, guide, and track project efforts.
EDUCATION: BS in Engineering, Computer, or other Science discipline, or equivalent with 2+ years of job related experience. Or Associates Degree with 4+ years of job-related experience.
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years with BS or MS, 4+ years with Associates.
• Disciplined, regulated industries, medical device experience preferred, including FDA’s 21 CFR 820/ISO 13485 experience.
• Software development using ISO 62304 or equivilent.
• Risk Management using IEC 14971 and IEC 60601 or equivalent.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
• Test automation and management tools, such as CodedUI, Selenium, JUnit, NUnit, Cucumber, SpecFlow.
• C# or Java experience
• Experience testing on IOS and Android operating systems.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies.
APN Software Service INC