Location: Anaheim CA
Fulltime Direct Hire
As a Director of Software Product Development(PD), you will lead and manage all aspects of software development life cycle from strategy through development, production and implementation. The Director of Software PD is responsible for activities related to the development of enterprise software product portfolio roadmap, the development of products according to the roadmap and support of existing products.
This role oversees the Software PD team, and as such you will:
Provide technical leadership and direction for the software product teams as a global, fast-paced, customer-centric organization.
Hire, develop, and grow a world-class technical team with expertise in enterprise distributed-systems, and integrated platforms with a strong focus on data-driven technical decision making.
· Improve solution quality and long-term cost of ownership.
· Work with leadership to identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our overall platform performance and ultimate customer experience.
· Drive consistency and reliability across products and coordinate all aspects of the Agile process, including feature backlog and their dependencies.
· Lead the translation of software features into technical requirements (Features) and lead/manage the team's Agile Scrum based development end-to-end.
· Oversee software release plans and scope with platform lead / Marketing / Engineering teams.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
· Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the "voice of the customer" is reflected in software definition.
· Close collaboration with marketing to translate product/solution needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
· Partner with internal and external experts to highlight emerging trends and product/content needs of the customer.
· Validating product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment worldwide and opportunities for growth.
· Working with marketing, engineering, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
· Coordinating the needs across a multi-functional organization while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
· Create a team environment that encourages innovation.
· Accountable for the development, release and support of new software products that directly contribute to business growth.
· Implements PD methodologies and processes that lead to the successful implementation of PD roadmaps.
· Implements sustaining engineering methodologies and processes that lead to the successful order fulfillment and support of released products.
· Manages individual contributors and manage through subordinate managers who exercise full supervision.
· Establishes operational objectives and assignments, and delegates assignments to subordinate managers.
· Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree in Product Management, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
· 15+ years' experience in product management, commercial product leadership or related field
· 10 years of experience in leading and managing Product Management teams in Cloud technology
· Strong background in software development, design and architecture experience
· Demonstrate the ability to think big and follow through on delivering significant business innovation
· Expert Agile Processes (Scrum and Agile) Lead with Cross Functional communication
· Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
· Demonstrated personal initiative and strong ownership
· Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence others
· Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
· Proven ability to work globally
I look forward to hearing from you
APN Software Services, Inc .
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560 .
Fax: 510.623.5055 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org