Newark, DE 19702
12 months contract to start with (extendable contract)
This position is in the Siemens Glasgow Technical Operations Department supporting the manufacture of Syva reagents, calibrators and controls used on the Syva, Beckman, Dimension, Dimension Vista, Atellica and other automated chemistry/immunoassay analyzers.
1. Leads process and/or design change projects, following written protocols, prepares validation and/or test results reports, working with cross function team to get deliverables in time.
2. Participates/investigates escalated customer complaints and manufacturing issues. Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions.
3. Creates and participates in the design of experiments.
4. Coordinates and performs data analysis and writes internal reports and documentation.
5. May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
6. May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of raw materials for use of manufacture of Chemistry/Immunoassay products.
7. May work in the laboratory running Syva, AU, Dimension, Dimension Vista, Atellica and other instruments with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Good project management and people skills, working with cross function teams to meet project milestones, strong technical writing skills.
• A good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology including EMIT technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience are desirable.
• Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA, chemiluminescent technology, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE, as well as, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Minitab and 6 Sigma are a plus.
• A strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
• A team player, be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs