Below are the Job Details
Title: Lab Technician
Location: Plainville, CT
Duration: 12+ MonthsQUALIFICATIONS:
The candidate must have a strong knowledge of materials/mechanical principals; an Associate Degree in Materials, Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering and at least 2 years of related experience.
Must have basic knowledge in the operation of materials and environmental test equipment. MISCELLANEOUS REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge of ASTM, UL, CSA, and IEC testing standards are also desired, as the candidate will be performing specific tests that requires the interpretation and understanding of the different standards.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Perform advanced technical functions relevant to the preparation and testing as specified by global test requests
• Prepare test equipment in materials and environmental test labs for carrying out specific materials related testing with authority including but not limited to Tensile/Yield/Elongation, Arc Track Testing, Impact Testing, Hardness, Microstructure, Paint Thickness, etc
• Perform routine environmental tests including but not limited to Material Aging, Salt Fog, UV, Humidity, etc
• Support materials related analysis such as Failure analysis, SEM/EDX, Light Microscopy, etc
• Perform calculations/recording and tabulations of technical data and record them accordingly
• Maintain applicable records: Review, troubleshoot and update Test Requests; input qualification records; and write laboratory reports as required.
• Maintain confidentiality in handling proprietary test data, formulations and data on patentable or other confidential items under development
• Maintain laboratory equipment, supplies, and working area
• Perform minor equipment calibration and repairs as needed