Applications Analyst III- PAC/RIS is responsible for designing, configuring, testing, implementing and supporting the clinical, and ancillary healthcare information systems used for the delivery of patient care and other supporting functions of the organization. These systems include but are not limited to: Allscripts SCM, Allscripts Ambulatory, Allscripts SRX, Amelior, Exit Care, Discharge123. Highly desired qualifications include senior level experience supporting Imaging applications; ie. GE PACS/RIS, PowerScribe 360, DoseWatch, Dexa, Hologic, McKesson Radiology, TeraRecon, DigiSonics, HL7 interfaces, etc.
- Knowledge of end to end Clinical, Imaging and/or Integration workflows to include areas/workflows such as clinical documentation, regulatory, pharmacy, other clinical areas and the ability to translate requirements of other departments that provide direct patient care.
- Application support expertise in GE PACS/RIS, PowerScribe 360, DoseWatch, Dexa, Hologic, McKesson Radiology, TeraRecon, and/or DigiSonics.
- Experience with building/testing/implementing in RIS
- Functional knowledge/understanding of SQL
- Understanding of differences of inpatient and outpatient settings
- Functional knowledge of HL7 interfaces and the ability to analyze interface errors from various clinical and revenue cycle point of view. (i.e. adjust dictionary, interpret data flow and how data interacts on a global/enterprise level)
- Ability to represent Clinical Department needs in a complex multi departmental setting to then be able to offer focused solutions that take all angles into consideration
- Primary ownership for the build and maintenance of highly complex system dictionaries, profiles, tables and other configuration points.
- Independently resolves the most complex, multi-function application errors and system issues
- Manages system enhancement requests directly with the vendor and various IT Technical teams
- Leads and/or facilitates system design, validation and/or remediation sessions.
- Leads large projects and functions as a subject matter expert on complex, cross-functional projects.
- Advanced understanding of how the assigned application(s) impacts or is impacted by other systems throughout the Hoag application architecture and works directly with the Application Integration team to resolve complex data integration issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with the application, module or equivalent system as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of the assigned application in multiple functional areas
- Expert knowledge of the assigned application in at least one functional area
- Excellent communication skills; customer focused; excellent attention to detail; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- In addition to the above, the Applications Analyst III and Lead should have:
- Possesses logical structured thinking abilities and can develop sound business cases to support planning and critical decision making
- Advanced presentation and facilitation skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.