I’m looking for what could be best described as a corporate journalist—a strong editorial writer who understands global employee audiences.**
No candidates with Snr level work experience or mainly marketing skills. Please ask questions if you are unsure about the job description.
11/29 Feedback from Manager: Employee communications is a unique skill set, with aspects of executive communications, social media, corporate journalism, digital media all woven in. Many of the individuals coming forward offer generic communications or market communications or just marketing. Those backgrounds would not apply.
11/20 Feedback from HM: At first glance, several have experience in general communications or marketing, but not in employee and leadership communications. A number of them just have experience in IT-related issues. I’m looking for what could be best described as a corporate journalist—a strong editorial writer who understands global employee audiences.
The Employee Communications Specialist would be based in Tarrytown, New York as a full-time contractor. The candidate would help create and facilitate employee-facing communications and senior leadership messaging for internal channels and social media platforms. The Employee Communications Specialist ensures that editorial content meets the company’s high standards for creativity, technical and regulatory accuracy, clarity, tone and style, and ensures they are produced in an efficient and timely manner. The individual must be able to manage multiple projects of varying scope at the same time, communicate project requirements, and work both collaboratively and independently.
• Create and facilitate the development and completion of high-quality employee-facing communications for a global audience, including messaging related to innovation, product launches, quality initiatives, business results, policy and guidelines, human resources, executive management, and more
• Serve as managing editor for company intranet and social media channels, including online publishing, editorial calendaring, copyediting and story writing for these channels
• Develop corporate journalistic news stories for company intranet and social media channels, designed to inform, inspire, influence and engage colleagues
• Mine and disseminate other company news/content that has relevance to Laboratory Diagnostics global audience, which originates from other parts of the Siemens Healthineers and Siemens AG organizations
• Create attractive visual media for use across multiple channels, including digital signage, online publications, social media, email blasts, PowerPoint presentations, and more
• Partner with the Director of Employee and Leadership Communications and with the Vice President of Global Communications to help develop periodic senior leadership messaging for internal channels, social media and third-party events
• Partner with the Director of Employee and Leadership Communications, the office of the Tarrytown Site Head, select functional areas and employee resource groups to develop and distribute relevant content across a variety of media to local employees
• Collaborate with subject matter experts in areas of content development, and forge strategic relationships with global communications and marketing colleagues across other functions
• Streamline processes to maximize communications effectiveness and overall quality
BS/BA in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2-5 years applicable experience
• Required Travel: 10%
• Excellent interpersonal and communications capabilities, including strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong copyediting and proofing skills
• Keen awareness of social media and digital tools
• High level of attention to detail and proven project management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, solve problems, and adapt to new tools and processes
• Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint
• Additional experience with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and content management systems