11 +months with possible extension
As an Art Director, you are responsible for development of design ideas from basic concepts through to fully detailed design solutions. You work as part of a global multi-disciplinary team to create meaningful and innovative solutions. You advise other project members on how best to address the user’s needs and create value for all stakeholders.
You use appropriate and effective analytical and conceptual skills to increase domain knowledge.
• Analyze required information to form a relevant understanding of context (domain, business, market, emerging contexts, related trends, target groups, etc.) and define and articulate relevant insights.
• Create personas, scenarios, themes and concepts that explore different value propositions which build potential business opportunities.
• You use appropriate and effective visual design skills to articulate simplicity across web, mobile and product interfaces.
Visual design skills:
• You use appropriate and effective visual design skills to articulate simplicity across products systems to support business needs.
• You develop and use appropriate visualization skills (sketching, 3D modeling, rendering) to define and communicate product and interaction concepts.
• You create effective and appropriate visual languages by understanding the meaning and effect of these on the brand, audience, market and culture.
Functional design skills:
• You use appropriate and effective functional design skills to articulate simplicity through function, interaction, manufacture, materials and finish.
• You create functional product concepts that appropriately address the user-context requirements.
• You use effective model making skills to help communicate, develop and test design directions.
• You have a strong understanding of design process and have successfully applied it to multiple projects.
Communicating & influencing skills:
• Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level.
• Direct team members and suppliers and choose the right communication style or influencing tools.
• Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal teams and direct business contacts.
• Develop stakeholder relationships and build networks to achieve short- and long-term goals.
We are looking for
• A degree in Graphic/Communications design with 4+ years of relevant work experience.
• Have experience art directing photo shoots, as well as 2D & 3D digital asset creation.
• A strong passion for design and an original portfolio of diverse creative work that demonstrates that passion.
• Must be comfortable and show expertise in the use of color, type, and all aspects of graphics usage on print (paper), on product graphics and on screen (e.g. Interface Design).
• Exceptional 2D design skills in Adobe Creative Suite; 3D abilities a plus.
• The ability to balance visionary work with step by step evolutionary work.
• Strong problem solver whose thinking is both creative and strategic.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment.
• Comprehend production challenges while considering greater portfolio level implications.
• Candidates must have strong presenting, verbal and written skills.
• Good business command of the English language.
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560