We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help Design, build out, Automate, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. You will work on a global infrastructure that includes VMware, Cisco UCS, Dell, EMC & Pure, RHEL, and Infoblox DNS with remote DataCenters in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and France.
- Administration and development of VMware Infrastructure
- Administration and development of Storage Infrastructure (EMC, PURE, DataDomain)
- Administration and development Server Infrastructure, Cisco UCS and DELL
- Tier 2 On Call support of production infrastructure
- OS administration largly Linux with some windows.
- Core services (DNS,SMTP,NTP,AD,LDAP,Infoblox)
- Disaster Recovery Operations
- Automation, scripting of System infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- 7+ years’ experience with UNIX / Linux administration
- 5+ years’ experience with VMWare solutions and administration
- 7+ years’ experience with Storage Arrays
- In-depth knowledge of VMware vCenter, HA, DRS, etc.
- Automation tools Ansible, python, shell scripting a must.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Good understanding of SAN/NAS storage technologies.
- Must be adept at identifying and eliminating performance bottlenecks and making performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, and configuration).
- Familiarity with Oracle Concepts, i.e. ASM, RMAN, DataGuard
- In depth knowledge of DNS principles and architectures
- Working knowledge of the guest operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc.
- Familiarity with security issues and best practices in virtual environments.
- Multi-tasking experience
- The ability to think creatively and communicate their ideas effectively
- Demonstrate good communication skills, written and spoken and be capable of presenting technical concepts to audiences of various technical abilities
- Knowledge of Splunk, Jira a plus