*****The PAY RATE for this position is $21 an hour******
*****This position is located in Hackettstown, NJ*****
Purpose of Role:
Performs analytical measurements and collaborates on design/development of analytical methods/experimental protocol as required for product development, manufacturing, regulatory or platform research.
• Responsible for the use and application of a variety of analytical instrumentation to support food product and process development. Specific instrumentation to include HPLC, Autotitrator, and various manual titration techniques.
• Demonstrated knowledge and lab skills necessary to critically read and perform documented analytical procedures. Implements appropriate method modifications as required.
• Works with Analytical Scientist(s) in the development and validation of new analytical methods.
• Conducts additional laboratory procedures (analytical / standard preparation / sample preparation / shelf life protocol) depending on project demands as directed by an Analytical Scientist / Sr. Analytical Technician.
• Frequently resolves and or notes inconsistent or atypical results in an independent manner or with minimal supervisor assistance.
• Evaluates ongoing project laboratory needs on a daily basis. Schedules time
and general-use lab equipment to meet project timelines.
• Maintains documentation of analytical results in a company issued notebook and/or a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) depending on project format.
• Maintains laboratory equipment and necessary supplies (e.g. instrumentation, chemicals, solvents, gases, glassware).
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
• An understanding of basic analytical chemistry.
• Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) systems.
• Excellent practical laboratory skills. Ability to troubleshoot and maintain complex analytical instrumentation.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of the following: Computers, Spreadsheet software (MS Excel preferred), and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
• Good organizational skills to adapt to fluctuating workloads while maintaining appropriate attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to follow established laboratory safety procedures, to maintain accurate records, and to clearly and accurately read and write and transcribe data and analytical chemistry literature.
• Good communications skills – verbal and written communication.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices
• Hands-on experience with running analytical instrumentation.
• Knowledge in the use and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
• 0-3 years experience in a technical field within the analytical chemistry industry