Position: BIM Coordinator
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 6-7 months (Extendable)
| Position Overview
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Engineering Leads, this position will perform a dual function;
Main function is BIM coordination with other trades, architectural firms and general contractor, using tools such as NAVISWorks and Revit.
Since this is not full time requirement, the secondary function is mechanical integration of products and design custom equipment with the Airport Logistics Team using tools such as AutoCad 2D and 3D.
The engineering team consists of mechanical, controls, electrical and software professionals. The candidate will interact with procurement, field installation management and various suppliers. The candidate will provide intermittent support in the field before, during and after the Project. Timely completion, delivering functionality, minimal errors and application of learned skills are the deliverables of this position.
As a BIM coordinator the candidate will be responsible for maintain the 3D model, support the BIM manager with clash detection and maintain models from other trades.
He will be required to attend the periodic BIM coordination meetings and report findings to the project engineering lead.
As a hardware engineer, under the direction of Engineering Leads, the candidate will be responsible for integrating products from the technical portfolio and design project specific equipment per established design practices. The candidate will be required to learn and master the following:
• Equipment portfolio and their functions
• Engineering workflow and standard design practices
• Engineering software tools and analysis methods
• Bill of material creation and equipment ordering processes
• Knowledge of cross functional engineering disciplines and their contribution to the projects
| Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Application of mechanical engineering principles, the ability to learn computerized design and analysis tools, a creative nature and hands-on mechanic aptitude are necessity to succeed in this role. The position minimum requirements are:
• Minimum two years experience with BIM related activities and tools such as REVIT and NAVISWorks.
• Minimum two years experience with AutoCAD 2D & 3D
• Minimum two years experience in mechanical product integration or installation, product design or system layout
• Excellent English oral and written skills
• Technology degree relevant to this position (GPA >2.8)
• Ability to read construction plans
• Accomplished user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
• Domestic travel up to 20% of the time
• Able to negotiate tight spaces, ladders, stairwells, catwalks and occasionally lift 40 lbs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following are preferred capabilities:
• Four years experience with BIM related activities and tools such as REVIT and NAVISWorks.
• Four years experience Mechanical/Civil Engineering degree or relevant (GPA>3.0)
• High level of AutoCAD 2D & 3D skills,
• Experience with stress analysis of mechanical structures
• Experience with 3D sheet metal and/or machine design
• Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training
• Experience with conveyor systems design.