Job Opportunity for Customization Designer at Marlborough MA with direct client. Please go through Detailed Job description below.
Duration: 4-6 months. Contract only
Here is a brief Job description:
This is a product designer position within the Upstream Product Management Operations Team, supporting quotations of customized filtration and single-use consumable product lines. The team is a part of the Bioprocess business and an integral part of Life Sciences organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the design and quotation of custom single-use fluid pathway assemblies used for processing of biologics based on direct customer requirements. This position requires the application of design, drafting, and checking of customized design drawings while working in a cross-functional team environment.
· Create assembly drawings and associated bill-of-materials from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions using 3D CAD modeling systems.
· Work with Engineers to create and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products.
· Verify that all drawings convey accurate information.
· Ensure all necessary documentation is complete to allow successful transfer to manufacturing and supply chain.
· Check design work of other team members including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification callouts, dimensioning and other outputs as requested.
· Interface with cross-functional team members to resolve any open issues or questions.
· Interact with vendors and/or customers on engineering design specifications and requirements.
· Provide quotation for the approved customized design and release products through the ECO process.
· Associates degree, or technical degree, in Design, Drafting or a related field and minimum 3 years of related experience or equivalent (defined as a High School diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years of related experience)
· Minimum of 3 years of Computer Assisted design/drafting experience.
· Ability to interact with vendors and/or customers
· Demonstrated ability to create models in SolidWorks
Desired Characteristics •
· 2 or more years of experience with design for manufacturability and reliability
· Design experience with medical products, global teams, and working in a medically regulated industry
· Outstanding communication and writing skills for working with global manufacturing, marketing, and development teams.
· Ability to meet aggressive schedule requirements
· Ability to be responsive to customer’s requests.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently towards timely completion of a desired goal.
If you have the above qualification and interested to apply please reply with your updated resume, contact no. and expected pay rate and I will contact you to discuss further.