The Mechanical System Engineering Intern is responsible for assisting in design, analysis, testing, documentation, supplier interaction, open item tracking and systems integration of miscellaneous rail vehicle equipment integration efforts with systems and regulatory compliance of Siemens light-rail and heavy rail trains for North American customers.
The Mechanical System Engineering Intern will report and be mentored by the Systems Engineering team and subject matter experts as applicable to work packages assigned.
• Completes material and system specifications, technical reports and technical proposals, and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation and integration.
• Performs design, development, testing and modifications of solutions.
• Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
• Performs internal and external communication of technical and commercial issues.
• Prepares drawings as assigned.
• Completes recommendations for new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
• Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
• Identifies and resolves problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: In process – third or fourth year Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
• Required experience: participation in student design competition activities a plus.
• Required travel: 0%