Operational Excellence Process Engineer
6+ months contract to start with
The Operational Excellence Process Engineer would be responsible for evaluating existing processes and systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the shared services business. This would involve engaging and collaborating with multiple service lines within the Functional Shared Services (FSS) department of Siemens Corporation to provide full end to end analysis and optimization opportunities within the company’s key business processes. Functional Shared Services includes multiple business lines (i.e. HR, TAX, Accounting & Finance, Procurement, etc.) which service the multiple Siemens Operating companies within the USA as their internal customers. The resulting projects of these analyzed processes would constitute higher level of transparency, efficiency, accuracy, and customer satisfaction where possible. This would be accomplished via detailed process mapping, possible business case development, overall stakeholder management, collaborative inquiry, regular management and operational communication and reporting, and related progress monitoring and controlling (i.e. KPI’s).
Tasks/ Key responsibilities:
• Modify or reengineer processes to increase throughput while maintaining or increasing the quality and accuracy of output
• Creation of process mapping with in-depth existing and future process flows highlighting main contributing factors (i.e. VSM, SIPOC) and clear roles and responsibilities
• Establish and maintain key improvement and performance metrics and controlling protocols to ensure optimal service performance through data analysis and customer focus.
• Guide service lines in process incident management, including CAPA.
• Consider the service line business goals and operational environment in all decisions and recommendations.
• Manage quality topics via quality guidelines, including risk management and mitigation, process documentation, quality planning, etc.
• Identify and leverage successful service line improvements by implementing and sharing globally.
• Assist in business continuity management planning, maintenance, and reporting.
• Maintain a customer, quality, and cost focus throughout all activities to ensure value to Siemens.
• Scoping of process improvement projects to address areas of deficiency or gap in processes to assist service lines in developing short term and long term initiatives.
• Manage and organize SharePoint, including workflow structure.
• Develop operational excellence templates and PowerPoint presentations.
• Evaluate possible process improvements via business case and management agreement in the shared services business.
• Develop and execute effective communication strategy with service lines to ensure transparency via management reporting and additional stakeholder communication.
• Develop, encourage and maintain an open and professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education and Experience:
• Completed Bachelor Degree required in Business Administration or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in either process improvement, process engineering, or management consulting preferably focused on service or solutions business in corporate setting
• Experience implementing processes improvement projects and solutions preferred
• Mastery of process mapping tools such as Visio or ARIS equivalent required as well as MS Office
• Experience with process tools and methodologies (i.e. Agile, DRIVE, PDCA, LEAN, etc.)
• Data analysis experience.
• Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint experience.
• Demonstrated experience as a functional project manager and change management lead within an operations environment
• Leadership roles in professional environment interfacing with executive management.
• Experience in regional/ global projects and intercultural work environment preferred