Location: Gainesville, FL
Duration: 12 months contract
Experience:1-3 yrs related educational and manufacturing experience. Manufacturing/Industrial, Electronics, or Bio-Medical Engineering degreed professional
This is an entry level manufacturing Engineering position and is responsible for supporting higher level Manufacturing Engineers. Under general supervision the Manufacturing Engineer establishes and directs manufacturing practices, processes, procedures, facilities, tolls and ATE equipment for production. This position utilizes “lean manufacturing” principles to minimize inventory, maximize throughput, and optimize facility and equipment utilization. This position will fully support the MES SAP (electronic Device History Record) program rollout from site planning to implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide daily, hands-on support to assembly and test technicians.
• Improve existing manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Develop and maintain work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
• Support introduction of new products onto the production floor, ensuring manufacturing readiness.
• Work closely with product development teams to ensure products are designed for manufacturability.
• Create and review DCNs, and support implementation and phase in of product changes.
• Establish appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products in keeping with the Quality Management System and related stands (ISO 13485:2016 and MDSAP).
• Conduct time studies and establish labor standards for products
• Under direction of the MES SAP team will complete assignments and tasks as outlined by project timelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager or Operations Director.
• Proven, strong leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build highly effective teams.
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment, gaining consensus and cooperation.
• Ability to make decisions under pressure and on tight time lines.
• Continuous improvement driven.
• Previous experience with lean manufacturing principles and cellular based manufacturing.
• Knowledge of MS Office, SAP\ERP Systems and Access data basing applications. LabView use a plus.