12 month contract
JOB TITLE/TYPE: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II-HC
Function: Manufacturing Family: Manufacturing Engineering Band: LPB
Provide technical leadership for the production team. Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
Key responsibilities include:
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions including aggressive scrap reduction, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Leverage advanced technology and Brilliant Factory solutions to monitor & improve productivity, while ensuring customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost conscious manner
• Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification. Responsible for determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance.
• Develop new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative.
• Provide Technical support to troubleshoot production processes and equipment
• Specify and expedite planned maintenance routines on all production equipment and systems
• Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
• Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
• Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
• Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements.
• B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years experience or Associates Degree and 5 years experience or High School diploma with 7 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting of PC/server based systems
• Understanding of IT QA and testing procedures
• Good analytical and planning skills
1. M.S. Degree in Engineering or Business
2. Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
4. Previous Project Experience
5. Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
6. OMLP/ETLP graduate
7. Greenbelt certification