Title: Insurance Analyst
Location: Las Vegas, NV 89146, USA
Duration: 3 Months Contract
• Serves as a liaison to external contacts.
• Plans, prepares and develops risk management presentations to the insurance marketplace.
• Represents Company in insurance industry and professional associations
• Plans and schedules inspections of all facilities with insurance carriers and loss control consultants to identify hazards and recommends appropriate programs to reduce exposures.
• Coordinates General Rate Case process and filings related to Corporate Insurance.
• Reviews and reconciles insurance premium amortization schedules and master data request in order to ensure complete and accurate regulatory filings and cost recovery.
• Responds timely and accurately to internal and external data requests and inquiries regarding insurance programs and premium allocations.
• Monitors the receipt of insurance binders, policies and endorsements. Manages the safekeeping of original insurance policies.
• Conducts ad-hoc risk studies and quantitative analysis as required. Develops reports summarizing analytical results and recommendations. Ensures proper documentation of decisions.
• Manages the liability and property certificate of insurance program (COI) and letters of self-insurance.
• Reviews evidence of insurance from third parties and determines compliance with Company standards and contractual requirements.
• Supports workers compensation insurance placement, regulatory compliance and program oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assembles and organizes underwriting data requests, completes insurance applications and creates underwriting submissions for all major corporate insurance renewals.
• Performs research and prepares correspondences for review and approval of insurance language and indemnification provisions in contracts, leases and agreements. Ensures compliance with contractual requirements.
• Assists with the internal management of (Captive) operating and compliance activities.
• Provides analysis for underwriting, claims, budgeting and investment decision making.
• Facilitates annual board of directors/shareholders meetings and completes annual license renewals (10%).
• Coordinates engineering efforts with property insurers and internal generating plant property engineers.
• Reports monthly developments to Generation executive leadership and develops plans and strategies for achieving lower operational risk.
• Researches current market risk initiatives. Stays well versed in insurance industry standards, policies, changes and news.
• Assess the need for various instruments (bonding, letter of credit) to satisfy indemnification requirements for contracts.
• Creates and executes indemnification instruments and manages renewal process where required.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience:
· Master’s Degree in the area of specialty from an accredited school and 1 year of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in the area of specialty from an accredited school and 3 years of related experience.
· Candidates that do not possess a bachelor’s degree must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Overall business, the sources of risk, and potential options for mitigation.
• Accounting and financial analysis.
· Skills such as:
• Analytical and quantitative analysis, written, communication and organizational.
• Managing Internal and external relationships.
· Equipment and Applications
· PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to email@example.com
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054 / Fax 510-623-5055