Duration: : 3 months (until 4/1)
Location: Oakland, CA 94612
Shift: 7.5 hrs per day, 5 days/week
• Six (6) months of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (REQUIRED)
• High school diploma or GED (REQUIRED)
• Microsoft Office (REQUIRED)
To provide support to the claims staff and to perform other office tasks depending on the client program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sets up and enters new claims into claims management system.
• Inputs and reviews notes/diaries in claims management system as instructed.
• Processes payments.
• Processes mail; handles filing, faxing and photocopying.
• Reviews, prepares, creates, and/or sends letters, reports, and forms.
• Answers and initiates telephone calls, sets up medical appointments, and may provide customer service as required.
• Other activities/projects as assigned including the preparation and distribution of computer reports.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Six (6) months of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Excellent oral and written communication
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies