Job Title - FEA Engineer
Job Location – Orlando FL
Length – Contract (7 Months+)
Purpose of Position:
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is a dominant player in the global wind turbine market and maintains its position by offering state-of-the-art products made possible by a team of exceptional employees. At SGRE in Orlando, FL, we are establishing a global R&D department for the development and maintenance of Onshore Geared Wind Turbine. For our Design and Structure team within the G2 Platform Technology Department, SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group of experts that will work cohesively to solve design, cost and technology challenges.
• Primary responsibility for advanced finite element analysis (FEA) of wind turbine systems.
• Drive robust design optimization and reduction of analysis time.
• Responsible for validation of loads and boundary conditions of the wind turbine structure.
• Generate cost-out measures and ensure implementation.
• Responsible for design solutions and root cause analysis working with Component Solution Owners.
• Create and analyze technical reports necessary to document the steps of the design process.
• Ensure time to market and quality in the deliveries to our projects.
• Responsible for continued development of the design process, design guidelines and design rules.
• Responsible for collaborating with regional and global teams to ensure designs are corrected or developments are carried out to resolve design issues.
• Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across platforms to facilitate knowledge sharing and encourage collaboration.
• BS degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with CAD and FEA at an advance level.
• Expertise and experience with Ansys, Ansys APDL, Ansys Workbench, Abaqus, NX, Teamcenter
• Experience with programming languages (C++, Mathlab, python, etc.) preferred.
• Experience in design parameterization, product development and design optimization.
• Experience and knowledge of various design optimization methods and tools.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.
• Knowledge and experience with Wind Power products and Siemens Design methodology preferred.
• Ability to travel 20%.
APN Software Service INC