Location: Tampa FL 33607 United States
Duration: 3-6months +
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment.
Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to Copper/Fiber: cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This position is required to manage volume of work to meet customer commitments, departmental responsibilities, and manage/provide resolution engineering service order fall out.
This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities.
This person provides frontline project management for all construction activities associated with outside plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
Specific requirements of the position include:
• Engineering design for outside plant projects, including estimating work order projects to add fiber strands to existing terminals, add new terminals, or add new splitters to existing fiber distribution hubs.
• Management of the engineering queue (Endeavor DPI LFL-stage) for customer service order and delayed order requests.
• Creation of projects in Infinium for justification and handling of major material (splitters and terminals).
• Preparation of project approval justifications and EWOP documents uploading into Varasset.
• Communication with all peers and departments to ensure proper project planning and completion.
• Maintaining of accurate cable records and updates.
• Management of the Florida red-line closing queue in Varasset to close projects and updating Endeavor DPI and FROGS (GIS) records per construction as-built prints.
• Referrals to turf engineers for new facilities when network extension is not readily accessible by terminal or fiber strand.
• Resolution and response to MC-ONT/SFU-ONT migration requests.
• Resolution and response to Engineering related SIFT tickets and preparation of SIFT reports.
• Running of NGS QPort reports to monitor splitter threshold capacity.
• Quarterly forecast of splitter material in Prophet.
• Maintaining of Greenfield property list and reports.
• Requesting of CO jumpers and maintenance of OLT, FFDF, and EDFA equipment spreadsheets.
• Responding to splitter add or CO jumper requests for engineering hi-cap SES GPON projects.
• Assisting field network or CO technicians with fiber jumper records or with service order jeopardy.
• Bridged-tap and load removals for DSL service orders.
• Preparation of pseudo network for test hubs and CO test carts.
• Providing resolution for OLT bandwidth congestion, hub splitter port consolidation, and vacating of disconnected splitter ports.