Title: Product and Content Specialist
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Duration: 7 Months
Product and Content Specialist with experience preparing product data & content for success on the Amazon marketplace.
They will need to understand how to prepare product listings, images, descriptions and all associated content in a way that’s appropriate for and compliant with the requirements of the Amazon Brand Registry and Amazon marketplace success.
This person must be experienced cleaning up and managing content on Amazon’s Brand Registry.
They will be pulling this information together largely from disparate sources around the company.
They need to be able to work semi-independently with direction, make decisions and solve problems interfacing with internal Clients resources, our third party marketplace seller, and with Amazon’s Brand Registry tool.
Work will include but will not be limited to: gathering information from various sources to write and edit product descriptions and listings, gather and prepare imagery, working with spreadsheets to manage content, and assisting with other tasks and daily operations.
This Product and Content Specialist will report to the Sr. Director, Global Channel Strategy and Programs.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Gather product content, including descriptions and imagery.
• Write content to align with Amazon requirements and success.
• Develop spreadsheet structure to manage content
• Maintain content in spreadsheet tool
• Responsible for proofing product information to ensure accuracy
• Communicate with third party seller and understand Brand Registry requirements to ensure data accuracy and compliance to Amazon standards.
• The ability to use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices and procedures to create compelling website content
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Analytical and process-oriented
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and can effectively prioritize work
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong writing and grammar skills
• Strong desire to learn and work cross functionally
• Excellent communication and follow-up skills; ability to multi-task a must
• Must be proficient MS Office Suite, with intermediate to advanced Excel or other spreadsheet software experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, not required