Title: Content Marketing Editor
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Schedule: Part Time (20hour per week)
Note: Writing samples or links to samples required.
· We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative and talented Content Marketing Editor for a one-year contract position.
· The Content Marketing Editor will work 40 hours per week from the Durham office – joining an amazing Marketing team.
· As a member of the Content Marketing team, the Content Marketing Editor will work collaboratively with Bronto marketing, product marketing, partner marketing and customer marketing teams to position us as the authority on commerce marketing.
· Based out of the Durham office, the Content Marketing Editor will create authoritative research reports and white papers, ghost write thought leadership articles and serve on a team of copyeditors.
· The Content Marketing Editor may also be asked to write copy for a variety of content, including emails, landing pages, presentations, advertorials, abstracts, bylines and blog posts.
· Work closely with marketing teams to understand objectives and audience, obtain details and write copy that is clear and targeted to the appropriate audience.
· Interview subject matter experts, customers and others as needed to inform writing.
· Serve as editor for copy written by other members of the marketing department.
· Edit and proof content for style, technical accuracy, completeness and consistency of brand message and tone across all touch points.
· Interface continuously with the design team to provide ample time for graphic design work, proofing and editing as necessary.
· Keep abreast of industry trends and issues as well as internal updates to help inform written materials.
· Manage the content library, uploading new items and updating items as necessary to ensure continued accuracy and relevancy.
· 3-5 years of experience writing marketing content preferred.
· Ability to convert technical information into layman-friendly prose.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, on deadline.
· Highly skilled journalist/writer who writes clear, concise and grammatically correct copy in a timely fashion.
· Must be highly organized, flexible, deadline- and detail-oriented.
· Excellent project management and communication skills.
· Ability to adjust tone and language based on medium, target audience and product.
· Must be a self-starter, able to produce with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
· Degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field.