Duration: 3 months
Location: Chicago IL OR Franklin TN
The Recruiter will play an integral part in providing oneMars Talent Acquisition services including cross-segment recruitment expertise on all aspects of the hiring process for experienced hires in a fast paces and highly competitive market. A key focus will be on building pipeline of potential candidates that align with Mars business needs and Five Principles and ensuring all candidates receive the best in class experience. The Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM) will manage full life-cycle recruiting for Mars business. For the assigned functions/areas, the TAM is responsible for ensuring that Mars attracts and selects high-performing, high potential associates who will drive the business forward. Full life-cycle recruiting includes consulting with hiring managers to determine critical capabilities, designing the staffing strategy, sourcing and pre-screening candidates and facilitating debrief meetings to ensure the highest quality candidates are hired. The TAM will also work on projects to improve upon or implement core talent acquisition processes and tools.
Work closely with Sr TA Manager in developing staffing strategies based on labor market and competitive analysis, bench marking and survey data
• Work closely with hiring managers to determine core capabilities/experiences for success in the roles within their scope, create a strategy for filling these roles and work with hiring managers in attracting the diverse candidates with the right skills and capabilities to ensure Mars short and long-term business objectives and support Mars signature culture
• Manage the recruiting process from job posting through the final stages (inclusive of offer recommendation and creation, negotiation, closing and onboarding)
• Serve as a Mars ambassadors, guardian of caliber, culture fit, diversity and candidate experience through the recruitment process
• Leverage knowledge of best practice and capabilities of internal and external recruiters to manage the acquisition of diverse talent
• Provide ongoing reporting regarding status of current open roles to P&O team and functional hiring managers, leaders
• Manage relationships with key providers when being leveraged for recruitment support. Responsible for ensuring partners understand Mars values and are a consistent extension of Mars employer reputation to hiring managers & candidates.
• Continuously build an external talent pipeline; proactively source for high-quality candidates and maintain relationships with talent for future opportunities, create and nurture relationships with external agencies/sources of talent, develop creative and alternative external sources of talent and keep on leading edge of external recruitment best practices
Context and Scope • Responsible to implement candidate-friendly processes that fill vacancies with the best talent to secure Mars business objectives • Educate and coach hiring managers on interviewing techniques and Mars recruitment philosophy, policy, and process • Serve as an advocate for building a strong Mars employer reputation to provide competitive edge and continually promote Mars as an employer of choice • Proactively work with the broader local Talent Acquisition team to review and customize recruitment strategies to fulfil business needs while enhancing the return on investment • Track key recruitment metrics and budget and identify areas for process improvement to enhance candidate experience • Proactively identify and monitor local dynamic labor market trends, and business needs to utilize the best channels for recruitment • Know internal talent pipeline availability and ability to recommend when to hire internally and/or externally • Collaborate and partner with hiring managers to carry out criteria based short listing, interviewing and assessment of candidates • Work closely with the CoE Rewards team in defining pay strategies for ensuring pay competitiveness in attracting right caliber while aligning to global pay principles • Partner and engage Talent Acquisition Sourcing to maximize the overall collaborative relationship with the prospective external candidates to enhance candidate experience • Effectively use all Talent Acquisition systems, tools, and programs provided by the global Talent Acquisition COE to ensure alignment with Mars Inc. strategies and roll-up into Mars Talent Acquisition metrics • Work closely with Employer Reputation lead to provide insights regarding Mars position in market. Job Specifications & Qualifications 1. Education & Professional Qualification • Minimum qualification: University degree or equivalent, preferably in HR, Business • Preferred qualification: Combination of education and experience preferred 2. Knowledge/Experience • Minimum two years of experience in Talent Acquisition, in a Corporate or Agency environment • Experience with the full life-cycle recruiting process in a complex and fast paced environment • Strong computer skills, PC with experience in Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable software (e.g. ATS systems) • Good understanding of the traits, skills, and qualities required of prospective candidates (whether internal or external) for positions across levels and demonstrated track record of successful placements • Demonstrate ability to size up talent - solid understanding of different interviewing techniques and assessment methods • Ability to serve geographically distributed hiring managers while consistently deliver profession customer service • Ability to interpret global process, practice local operational policies, address issues, troubleshoot for resolution and escalate issues to appropriate parties as needed • Ability to prioritize business and customer needs • Strong written, oral and listening communication skills • Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information • Strong interpersonal skills • Ability to speak fluent English