Duration: 8-9 months
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
The Global Supply Planning Team is responsible for translating the regional demand streams into an executable supply plan. The Team works closely with our Contract Manufacturer(s) to provide a forecast and ensure timely delivery of goods into the regional distribution centers. Supply requirements are moderated by the Team to ensure that inventory positions are appropriate to meet the demand requirements relative to; product lifecycle, inventory on order and in transit, finished goods and inventory quality. Decisions regarding whether a SKU is a BTS, BTO or CTO are made by this Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assist with the review of renewals, new, and existing contracts to identify buffer stock reqirements and readiness to support contracts
– Review planned requirements; developing understanding of drivers behind net changes
– Assist with preparing supply plan
– Support process improvement projects; assist with the evaluation of best in class supply chain solutions.
– Assist team and supplier contacts with problem resolution
– Exercisses judgment within clearly defined policies and practices in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
– Develops and selects procedures and processes.
– Develops resolutions where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and/or frequent use of creativity.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, abilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Work Experience (years): 3-5 years
Key Skills and Competencies: – Analytical skills required relative to data mining and process development/improvement
– Intermediate Excel skills
– Experience maintaining processes
– International Supply chain experience is a plus
– Contract Manufacturing experience is a plus
– Direct manufacturing experience in the electronics industry is a plus
– Oracle experience