Duration: 3-4 months with possible extension/conversion
This individual will be reporting directly to the Bankruptcy Supervisor and Manager who reports to the Senior Vice President of Default Management. He/she will be responsible for monitoring residential and potentially some commercial bankruptcies (Chapters 7, 11, 12, and 13) from a creditor/component servicer perspective, hiring counsel to file proof of claims and motions for relief and any other bankruptcy documents. This position also includes monitoring various reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure all events are worked pursuant to investor guidelines. He/she will identify, prioritize, research and track key bankruptcy processes, which will require interaction with outside counsel on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor status of all bankruptcy cases assigned to ensure all KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) are met.
• Ensure the timely referral and filing of proofs of claims and requesting motions for reliefs and ensuring they are filed timely to remain in compliance with Investor.
• Review proof of claim and motion for relief reports on a weekly basis to ensure filed in accordance with investor guidelines.
• Communicate with local counsel daily to ensure that all events/issues that they are responsible for are being attended to in a timely manner.
• Responsible for bankruptcy plan review to identify treatment of lien and refer to counsel.
• Provide posting instructions on bankruptcy payments.
• Ensure payment change notifications are filed within 21 days of the effective date of payment change.
• Respond to Notice to Cure and Deem Current Matters timely and any other time sensitive pleadings to prevent losses to the company.
• Verify if a demand letter is required upon closing of the bankruptcy.
• Interact with Asset Management when a customer is seeking court approval for a loan modification.
• Seek Investor(FHLMC) approval as required in a timely manner
• Ensure management and investor is aware when debtor intends to substantially reduce our debt or claim amount (cram down/motion for valuations).
• Respond to incoming customer calls regarding bankruptcy.
• Handle preliminary bankruptcy related research on customer disputes.
• Process invoices for payments weekly.
• Special projects as assigned by management.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and be a self starter.
• Ability to meet deadlines and maintain focus under pressure.
• Ability to interface with multiple departments, scope out projects and interface with IT/LPS Desktop/FHLMC to enhance reporting capabilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong research and audit skills.
• Willingness and aptitude to learn new tasks
• Basic accounting/mathematics knowledge to complete a reconciliation/breakdown of payments and fees due on the loan.
• Willingness and ability to work in a fast paced environment and to handle a large volume of cases/loans.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure borrower(s) loan information is secure.
• Professional demeanor and appearance.
• Proven success in taking business needs and translating to reporting deliverables.
• 1 to 2 years experience in a reporting environment.
• 1 to 2 years bankruptcy paralegal or bankruptcy servicing experience.
• 1 to 2 years of Accounts Receivable/Payable or related experience.
• Basic familiarity with the Federal Bankruptcy Code.
• Basic familiarity with Aacer Monitoring.
• Knowledge/experience with MSP/ LPS Desktop.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
• Basic knowledge of FHLMC servicing guidelines and systems a plus.
• Basic familiarity of Foreclosure(Judicial/Non Judicial) process a plus