Title: Designer/Drafter 1
Location:- AK - Anchorage
Duration:- 9 Months (Possibly Perm)
Description: We are currently searching for an experienced CAD Drafter to support our Fire System and Security group located in Anchorage, AK. The CAD Drafter position is office-based and is responsible for supporting the design of fire alarm systems and security systems using company tools and operating protocols.
*Assembles operation and maintenance manuals and systems documentation for system owners.
*Prepares submittal packages, riser and floor plans.
*Prepares voltage drop calculations, load calculations, battery calculations under the direction of the branch engineering staff.
*Performs other related document and drawing tasks as assigned.
*Attends and successfully complete training classes and seminars offered by the company and other agencies.
*Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
*Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
*Performs technical administrative support tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s or Associates in an Engineering discipline preferred, although candidates with a Technical School Certificate in a directly-related field along with experience will also be considered.
• 2-5 years engineering/systems or other related experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills.
• Able to design small jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.