Job Opportunity for Desktop Specialist at San Jose, CA with direct client
Duration: 6-9 months. Contract only
· The Desktop Support Specialist will be a part of a global group supporting and providing maintenance desktop computing environment.
· This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, upgrading, and documenting all PC related issues to ensure optimal equipment performance.
· The Desktop Specialist shall be responsible for troubleshooting problem areas and engaging in root cause problem solving in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. of providing n person technical support or remote support by phone, IM, share desktop conferencing.
· The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to independently prioritize and execute tasks in a fast pace environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
· On-site and/or remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, along with recommending and implementation of corrective solutions
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user systems, phones, and related hardware and software to meet desktop service levels;
· Light system administration tasks in Microsoft Active Directory;
· Assist in the maintenance and inventory of all equipment, consisting of but not limited to PCs, monitors, laptops, printers and other components;
· Communicate application problems and issues to management, development teams and end users; • Assist with other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of PC and laptop hardware components (external and internal);
· 3+ years of experience installing, troubleshooting operating systems (Win XP/7), Microsoft • Office, Java, and other software;
· Knowledge of Win8 and Win10;
· Experience using remote tools to support remote end users and systems;
· Working knowledge of SCCM or similar OS deployment tools;
· Working knowledge of Lync and Video Conferencing;
· General understanding of IT network and server technologies;
· Good knowledge of ITIL and familiar with Help Desk Software;
· Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
· Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills;
· Quick learner, can understand and apply existing and new technologies;
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials;
· Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
If you have the above qualification and interested to apply please reply with your updated resume, contact no. and expected pay rate and I will contact you to discuss further.