DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Process incoming PO invoices utilizing the Company’s software; identify the receipts that match item, quantity & cost of the invoice. Review the invoice for accuracy and vouch the invoice against the appropriate receiving transaction & PO in the Accounts Payable system. Communicate with the Purchasing department to resolve discrepancies. Monitor and resolve old open memo RNV items.
· Process incoming non-PO invoices utilizing the Company’s software. Review invoices for appropriate approvals, per the Signature Authority Matrix, and general ledger account, cost center and project code. Review the invoice for accuracy and vouch the invoice in the Accounts Payable system.
· Utilizing Concur Travel & Entertainment software, complete the accounting review of expense reports (reports are audited by Concur Audit Group). Upload Concur payment files into the Company’s Accounts Payable system for reimbursement to employees.
· Process occasional expense reports approved for manual processing. Review expense reports ensuring that all expenditures comply with the company's Travel Policy and have the proper documentation attached. Review the expense report for appropriate approvals per Signature Authority Matrix.
· Process check run and ACH transfers including automated payment interface with general ledger and positive pay with the bank.
· Process expense reports from Asia-Pacific personnel.
· Cross audit vouched invoice batches and Voucher Register and resolve and/or correct errors in the Accounts Payable System.
· Match checks with supporting invoices; give any checks requiring second signature to Controller for review & signature. Prepare check & remittance advice for mailing to vendor.
· File open and paid invoices in appropriate vendor files.
· Handle inquiries from vendors regarding payment status, missing invoices, credit memos & statements.
· For month end, quarter end and year end close, prepare accrual journal entries. Review monthly statements received from vendors and resolve any discrepancies noted.
· Support a timely month end closing process.
· Pull & research audit items as requested by internal and external auditors.
· Provide documents to company accountant for items booked to prepaid and for capital purchases.
· Provide the Vendor Maintenance form to the Purchasing Department to set-up or update vendor accounts.
· As necessary, performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- AA degree in accounting preferred, not required.
- 3-6 years accounts payable experience processing invoices in a high volume environment.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- Computer skills to include MS Office.
- Experience with a mid to large Accounts Payable ERP system; QAD, Cyberquery or Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment and be able to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
- Must possess interpersonal skills for effective communication internal and external to the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and compliance with established company policies governing transactions being processed.
- Organizational skills required.