MSR Loss Analysis Processor
Duration: 2-3 months contract
The individual will be responsible for ensuring post-liquidation reviews are conducted on loans that experience a loss in Lakeview Loan Servicing MSR portfolio, and that third party liability is appropriately identified, billed, and collected. Loss reviews will typically be conducted after insurer and investor claims are paid (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review sub-servicer invoices to reconcile losses on loans
• Access servicing system and document management systems to QC claims filed by sub-servicers
• Review applicable indemnifications from third parties to identify recoverable losses
• Conduct loss reviews and prepare invoices and backup documentation for third party recovery
• Maintain reporting on claims work in process inventory
• Participate in negotiations with sub-servicers and other third party indemnification providers
• Provide guidance and oversight to third party contractors as necessary
• Working knowledge of investor/insurer guidelines and timeframes for default actions (Teachable)
• Proficiency with GSE and Government claims systems (FHA Connection, Valeri, Black Knight, Vendorscape)(Preferred)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) (Required)
• Working knowledge of post-liquidation claims to investor/insurers (Preferred)
• Loss analysis/audit on claims submitted to the investor/insurer to determine responsible party (Preferred)
• Responsible for knowledge of counter-party/seller/sub-servicer contracts as it applies to loss reimbursement (Teachable)
• Submission and tracking of the bill backs to ensure timely reimbursement and responses on appeals (someone with accounts receivable within the mortgage/servicing /banking industry could be a good candidate)
• 4+ years experience in mortgage servicing
• 2+ years experience in post-liquidation claims
• Familiarity with GSE and Government claims processes
• Prefer MSP knowledge but not required
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration Requirements
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.