· 6 Years Liability Claims Management (REQUIRED)
· 2 years supervisory experience (REQUIRED)
· Microsoft Office (REQUIRED)
· Professional Certifications (REQUIRED)
· Licenses (REQUIRED)
· Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (Highly Desired)
To supervise multiple teams of Professional Liability (PL) Specialists and administrative or technical staff for single or multiple clients; to monitor workloads, provide training and monitor individual claim activities for subordinates; to provide technical/jurisdictional direction to PL Specialists; and to maintain diary in the teams on complex or high exposure claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervises multiple teams of PL Specialists and/or multiple claims colleagues for wide span of control; and delegates duties to others within the unit as needed.
· Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and issues; makes recommendations on course of action; informs management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and coordinates with management projects for assigned office(s).
· Provides technical/jurisdictional direction to PL Specialists on claims issues and resolution.
· Compiles, reviews and analyzes management reports and takes appropriate action.
· Performs quality review on claims in compliance with audit requirements, service contract requirements and quality standards.
· Reviews reserve amounts on high cost claims and claims over the authority of individual PL Specialists.
· Maintains periodic review of claims that are litigated, sensitive, or questionable as determined by the client.
· Maintains contact with client on claims and promotes professional client relationship; makes recommendations to client as suggested by the claim status; and provides written resumes on specific claims as requested by client.
· Maintains frequent diaries on complex or high exposure claims.
· Ensures that direct reports are properly licensed in the jurisdiction serviced.
· Ensures claim files are coded correctly and adequate documentation is made by PL Specialists.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
· Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
· Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
· Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing:
· Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required. Professional certifications as applicable to line of business preferred.
· Six (6) years claims management experience related to professional liability claims and two (2) years claims supervisor experience required.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Thorough knowledge of claims management processes and procedures for multiple product lines
· Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Leadership/management/motivational skills
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
If you have the above qualification and are available to look into this opportunity please send your updated resume along with your contact# and I will call you back to discuss further.
APN Software Services, Inc .
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560 .
Direct: 510.623.5049 | Fax: 510.623.5055 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org