The AI/DL Data Scientist will lead the design efforts for Dell EMC to create industry-leading, turnkey AI systems and solutions for the rapidly growing intelligent data analytics needs of the industry.
The AI/DL Data Scientist will help design and implement AI/DL systems for a wide variety of use cases and applications. Responsibilities for this position include tracking and projecting the evolving needs of the AI community as well as understanding AI systems architectures, hardware technologies evolution, emerging technology opportunities, and the maturing AI applications software landscape and horizon. This position will work with other Dell AI, Big Data and HPC architects, engineers, developers, product managers, and sales staff to ensure that new AI solutions are best-in-class matched to customer needs, cost-effective, supportable, and have potential for significant impact and revenue. This technical position will maintain constant awareness of the emerging AI techniques and will participate in research activities to maintain technical vision and perspective. The position will maintain regular communications with thought leaders in AI, attend and present at leading conferences to maintain connections and context. This position will also stay abreast of the market for AI in different market segments and will help design and implement solutions for the leading customers. In addition to the solution design and implementation responsibilities, the AI/DL Data Scientist will lead research projects in AI, with a creative blend of theory and practice, publish results in peer-reviewed forums and blogs, collaborate with university partners and other companies to expand the company’s knowledge of emerging techniques in data analysis.
Provides technical and consultative support on solutions opportunities. Participates as needed in pre-sales qualifications and delivery of technical architectural design, strategies and plans for engagements; works on single workstream within broader project; support and instruct less experienced co-workers through formal training or on-the-job mentoring; trains customer personnel. Supports Sr. Consultant/PM for project related items and advises on effort required to perform assigned implementations. Regularly communicates project status and all customer issues to PM. Capable of leading a small team, understanding project goals, and providing guidance to achieve goals. Participates in solution and peer review process. Assists in the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. Establishes relationship with client technical counterparts. Participates in client meetings related to development efforts. Provides feedback on methodology and best practice collateral to competency lead. Understands that travel may be required for extended periods of time.
• M.S. (or BSc + additional experience) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics
• 2+ year experience with proven record in the AI and data analytics domain
• Programming experience in C/C++, or Python
• Solid Deep learning background and familiarity with state-of-the-art techniques such as deep neural networks and their use cases such as image processing, natural language processing, speech recognition
Preferred Skills & Experience
• PhD. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics with specialization in AI/machine learning/Deep learning
• Contributions such as publications that have advanced the field
• Domain specific knowledge with AI use cases in one or preferable several vertical industries such as finance, manufacturing, life sciences, automotive, security, logistics, etc.
• Hands on hardware experience