Job Opportunity for Quality Assurance Technician III at Houston TX with direct client. Please go through Detailed Job description below.
Duration: 12 months. Contract only
Here is a brief Job description:
**Must be ACCP certified (including MT Bench certification) with NDE/ NDT relevant experience (Non destructive evaluation / non destructive testing)**
2nd shift: 2:15pm - 12:45am / Monday - Saturday
The QA / QC Technician II will be responsible for performing QA / QC inspection and creating quality documentation for Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) / hardness / NCRs / etc.
· Work to quality assurance procedures & engineering specifications, etc. as specified
· Work in partnership with manufacturing management to eliminate the causes of quality problems
· Operate & analyze phased array UT equipment on associated weld inspection
· Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, & environmental regulations
· Perform other related duties as assigned indicated by responsibilities
· Perform all duties as assigned by management
· High school diploma or GED
· Minimum of 5 years work experience in a manufacturing role
· Magnetic Particle ACCP Level II
· Ultrasonic Testing ACCP Level II
· Certified Level II in UT, PT, and MT at time of hire, will be required to re-certify with GE
· Ability and willingness to do some light to heavy lifting, constant standing
· Ability and willingness to wear PPE or Personal Protective Equipment - Hearing and eye protection (safety equipment) must be used
· Some danger to fingers and eyes
· Some respiratory irritation possible
· Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations and maintain good housekeeping in assigned work areas.
· Requires standing for long periods of time. Requires physical effort, good manual dexterity, awkward positions.
· Exposure to high noise level for long periods of time.
· Exposure to hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, grinding dust, welding fumes, etc.).
· Required, on a repetitive basis, to lift, bend, twist, carry and climb with objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
· Non-air-conditioned shop environment 8 hours per day.
· May need to work outdoors in inclement weather (heat, cold, rain).
· Understand Work Orders and ability to read and correctly interpret prints / drawings & specifications
· WIS, CWI or CAWI certified
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality control applications
· WIS, CWI or CAWI certified
· Phased Array UT Inspection operating & analyzing experience
· Past training / education in the areas detailed on the Manufacturing Training Matrix (MTM)
· Perform inspection of components to specifications using calipers, height gages, thread gages and other mechanical inspection hand tools
· Excellent written and oral presentations skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent organizational skills
If you have the above qualification and interested to apply please reply with your updated resume, contact no. and expected pay rate and I will contact you to discuss further.