Title: Teradata Team Lead (NTTJP00002054)
Duration: 0-7 months
Location: Fremont, CA
Pay rate: Up to $57/hr on W2
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
- Acts as a core Teradata/ETL developer in application design, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Have in depth knowledge of core TERADATA concepts and architecture, Load Utilities, OLAP functions, SQL writing, Performance tuning techniques etc
- Have development experience in any ETL tool (Abinitio, Informatica, Data Stage etc)
- Proficient in Unix script writing
- In depth knowledge of batch loading methods, job scheduling mechanism/tool (Autosys, Control-M etc)
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Verifies program logic by preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Works closely with business partners to evaluate business requirements, plan projects and participates in efficient development, delivery and deployments.
- Responsible for collaborating with interface partners as well as ensuring quality throughout the process.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Participates as needed in compliance, risk and regulatory processes within client..
- Evaluates enhancement designs for efficiency with a focus on performance.
- 7 years of Teradata experience
- 4 years of development experience in any ETL tool (Like Abinitio, Informatica, Data Stage etc)
- 4 years of Unix Shell Scripting
Must have experience in tuning of the BI Semantic layer views and physical tables
Must have strong experience and background in Teradata Architecture, Physical Data Modeling, Database Design, and expertise with Query Tuning
Must have experience in workload management