Duration: 0-9 months
Location: Round Rock, TX 78682
This position is for a Storage Validation Engineer for Dell’s PCIe SSD solutions team. The PCIe SSD Validation team is closely tied to most of the development organizations, including the server teams, OS teams, systems management, and BIOS teams. The position provides the opportunity to validate cutting edge PCIe NVMe devices and work with the engineers designing the next generation of NVMe storage subsystems. This includes developing, executing and reporting product issues. Past experience testing or utilizing SSD, SATA, NVMe, DAS, NAS, SAN or any RAID solutions is strongly desired to be a candidate for this role. You will work in a fast paced environment with an experienced and highly technical team of Dell engineers to solve a wide variety of unique and fascinating problems. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, have deep QA understanding of process and approaches and will comprehend current technology trends. The candidate must have an attention for detail and be able to articulate and communicate with a great level of proficiency through written and verbal communication.
· Responsible for the design and development activities associated with methods for validating hardware systems and broader solutions.
· Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and test tools, and completes validation specifications and procedures for new and changes to existing products.
· Plans the labor, schedules, equipment, and software required for validating and evaluating our solutions.
· Uses current product performance information and other means to gauge customer usage to the product development teams.
· Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience.