We have an excellent opportunity with our client for the position of SOC Security Specialist at Andover, MA. Please review the information below and if you are available; please reply back with a copy of your resume and best number to reach you.
SOC Security Specialist
Location: Andover, MA
Duration: 3+ months
Note: We need GCIH , CEH certified candidates, Junior experience is fine.
The SOC Security Specialists main objectives are detecting and responding to security incidents.
SOC Security Specialists integrate into a multidisciplinary pool of resources with the ability to perform in several cross functional aspects in Security Operations which are equally needed to deliver a proactive and avant-garde cyber defensive capability.
The SOC Security Specialists work in a close teaming approach with other SOC specialists, and involve when necessary other Subject Matter Experts.
Following business and operational efficiency principles, proactive and performance oriented activities are performed. This involves (analytical) activities to enable intelligence gathering and usage, and ability to perform in the triage processes (detect and response)
Typical outputs from the SOC Security Specialist function are:
- Event triage and response
- Focused forensic investigations
- Delivery of performance indicators for the different SOC areas
- Support and escalation point for other functions
The SOC Specialist is expected to be able to deliver value in the following areas of expertise:
- Detection & Response:
- Perform anomaly detection and malware hunting
- Manage security incidents to conclusion
- Perform forensic investigations
A snapshot of your responsibilities includes:
- Perform advanced threat detection, malware and threat hunting, anomaly detection and security analytics;
- Execute threat response: forensics, crisis management and creation of mitigation courses of action;
The ideal candidate must have a passion for security and all things technical, with a good understanding of adversary motivations in cybercrime and the tools and techniques of the trade. Previous experience working in IT Security or as an IT systems administrator is a must. Working as part of the team in a 24/7 shift pattern and onsite are pre-requisites.
We also expect you to have:
– Prior experience working in a Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT/CIRT) or IT security environment
– Proficient with networking concepts and protocols (such as DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, FTP, etc.)
– Certifications such as GSEC, GCIH, CEH is preferred.
– Trustworthiness and integrity.
– Ability to take decisive action based on available information in a timely manner.
– Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and (work) experience.
– 3+ years working in the IT field