Title: Distribution Clerk
Req #: 526862
Location: Oakland, CA 94609
Duration: 12 Weeks (3 Months)
Hours: 8 hours/day, 5 days/week
LICENSURE/ CERTS/ EDU/ SKILLS:
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
· 2-4 years of distribution and warehouse experience, preferably in a hospital environment
· Current Class C - California Driver License required
· Ability to use computer systems preferred
· Good knowledge of medical supplies, inventory control, distribution/par cart techniques, and warehouse procedures
· Meditech preferred
Provides leadership and support within the Distribution Department to ensure all exchange/par level carts are inventoried and replenished in a timely manner. Works as a liaison between departments and Coordinator to provide high quality service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Exchange/Par Level Carts
a. Ensure that all exchange/par level carts are replenished in a timely manner.
b. Replenish supply carts as scheduled.
c. Rotate supplies to ensure first-in first-out distribution.
d. Monitor items, in supply carts or designated areas, according expiration date.
e. Perform daily QC checks on all supply carts.
f. Ensure adequate coverage is available to complete all daily functions.
g. Restock carts and verify expiration date to be no less than 6 months.
2.Inventory and Ordering.
a. Inventories and replenished exchange/par level carts.
b. Inventories and replenished storage room or designated areas.
c. Report insufficient stock level or out of stock items.
d. Transmit inventory orders to vendor(s)
e. Report any discrepancy when transmitting orders
3. STAT & Parcels Deliveries
a. Deliver STAT products to designated departments.
b. Deliver Parcels to designated departments.
c. Provide product knowledge in response to STAT or Parcels calls as needed.
4. Phone Calls and Pager.
a. Answer all phone calls within 3 rings.
b. You must carry your pager during working hours.
c. Respond page within 5 minutes.
d. Log in all calls received on pager.
1. Ensure the cleaning of all supply carts and supply utility rooms as needed.
2. Ensure the proper collection of yellow patient charge cards and equipment charge sheets.
3. Demonstrate ability to change mix of supplies on carts without supervision.
4. Assists departments with supply information or requests.
5. Deliver supplies and equipment utilizing pallet jack, hand truck, and flat beds.
6. Deliver to offsite facilities as necessary.
7. Train/orient new employees into Distribution Department.
8. Take initiative and demonstrate ability to problem solve.
9. Other assigns duties.
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc (www.apninc.com)
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-5241 / Fax 510-623-5055
Email Id: Sawant@apninc.com